Too often the cleaning products made for the home have scents that, when combined, end up creating too strong of a scent. They are also not always safe to use without gloves or some form of skin protection. Remedy this problem by creating your own ecofriendly cleaning products!
Use these tips to create a cleaning product for every part of your home.
Review these base ingredients so you understand how and where the product will work best.
- Baking soda is a fantastic (yet mild) scouring ingredient; it removes stains, and can also soften your laundry.
- Castile soap is an all-natural soap base for all-purpose cleaners, dish soaps, and laundry soap recipes.
- White vinegar cuts grease, dissolves mineral deposits, and has antimicrobial properties that rival bleach.
Each has its own cleaning and aromatic properties that can benefit your home and soul.
- Lemon oil is antiseptic and has bactericidal properties, plus the aromatic effect is uplifting to both body and mind.
- Lavender oil has antiseptic, and antiviral properties. Its scent is an adaptogen, assisting the body when adapting to stress.
- Tea tree oil has a spicy, uplifting scent. It’s an antibacterial and antifungal oil, effective at removing mold and mildew.
Add 12 to 18 drops of essential oil to customize these homemade cleaning product recipes.
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup borax powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Castile soap
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar