Have your glass of wine and wear it, too! This Kentucky Derby hat is a necessary addition to your derby wear, wine connoisseur or not.
- One by one, hot glue corks around the sides of the top hat.
- Cut a half circle the size of the wine bottle’s base into the top of the hat, so that you can insert part of the bottle at a slant. Keep the bottle in place by hot gluing its base to the hat.
- Find a spot on the brim of the hat and hot glue the base of the wine glass to it.
- Wrap your wire with the red cello wrap, taping it at each end. Bend the cello wrapped wire, sticking one end into the bottle and the other into the wine glass. Use hot glue to adhere the end of the wire to the inside of the wine glass.
- Hot glue your artificial vines around the remaining sections of the brim and top of the hat. Add the grape bunches wherever you see fit.
Get crafty derby day with this top hat, and don’t forget to post a photo to social media using the hashtag #ALMcreate.
For more craft ideas, head to www.americanlifestylemag.com/create.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jun 24, 2020
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020