In school, everyone loved the daily break in the lunchroom. So if you’re going to throw a flashback shindig, you must bring back the cafeteria classics! Create your own version of these time-tested treats, provide lunch trays for your guests, and let them load up on all their faves from back in the day.
- 1 box Funfetti® cake mix
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- ½ (8 ounces) tub whipped topping
- Animal crackers or Teddy Grahams
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, yogurt, and whipped topping until it’s completely combined and there are no more lumps.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to chill in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator when guests arrive, garnish with sprinkles, and serve with animal crackers or Teddy Grahams.
Faux Fruit Juice Pouches
- 1½ water
- 1½ sugar
- 1 cup vodka
- 1½ lemon juice
- 1 pound strawberries, halved
- 4 kiwifruits, peeled and sliced
- Combine the water, sugar, vodka, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Blend the strawberries and kiwis in a blender.
- Add the lemon mixture to the fruit, and blend.
- Add ice into plastic pouches, and fill with the strawberry-kiwi vodka mixture. Stick a straw in the pouch before sealing it up.
Succulent Sloppy Joes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 6 potatoes
- Green onion, chopped
- Heat the meat until cooked, and drain the fat.
- Add all the ingredients except the potatoes and onions to the meat. Add the water, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Poke the potatoes with a fork a few times, and then microwave them for 5‑7 mins, until they are soft inside.
- Spoon the sloppy joe mixture evenly on top of the potatoes, and garnish with the green onions.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020