This apple cake from Kim Nelson of Daisy Cakes is a must-bake for fall!
- To make this delicious pound cake, you will need 2 cups of sugar, 1½ cups of canola oil, 3 eggs, 3 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract, 3 cups of apples, 1 cup of black walnuts, and 1 cup of coconut.
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F. Then peel and dice the apples into ½-inch cubes. You will want to make them small enough to be bite-size, but large enough so that they remain moist after baking.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the sugar, oil, and eggs in a medium bowl. It should become light yellow in color once it is well blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, you will want to sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt so that it is well combined before adding to the wet batter. Add the flour mixture, along with the vanilla, to the oil and sugar mixture, and whisk well. You will begin to notice the batter becoming very stiff.
- Finally, fold the apples, black walnuts, and coconut into your batter.
- To make sure the end results are perfect and come out of the pan easily, you will want to grease and flour your 10-inch tube pan.
- Pour the batter into the prepped pan, and put it into the warmed oven. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake time to cool in the pan—for about 20 minutes or so. This allows the cake to set up more so that it doesn’t crumble when you turn the cake over onto the cake plate.
- Finally, cut yourself a large piece of the warm, moist pound cake! This recipe serves 16 to 20 people, so you can also share with family and friends.
This featured recipe has been adapted from the cookbook Daisy Cakes by Kim Daisy (Lydia Inglett Publishing/Starbooks.biz). For more delicious treats, pick up your own copy of Daisy Cakes.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020