From spiced applesauce pound cake that never dries out to the smell of warm apple pie wafting through your whole house, apples are a go-to ingredient when it comes to baking a special treat for family and friends during the holidays.
Ingredients: For the filling
Ingredients: For toppings
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and prep your workstation. I found it best to measure out all of the ingredients ahead of time for a quicker assembly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries with the apple slices, and mix well. Working in batches, slowly sprinkle the sugar over top of the fruit, stirring constantly to make sure that the sugar covers every piece.
- Pour the sweetened fruit into your baking dish. The recipe makes enough to fill an 8-inch pie dish. However, you can also chose to divide the cran-apple crisp between several smaller dishes like I did for individual servings.
- Add the cinnamon, brown sugar, chopped walnuts, and oats to another large bowl, and mix well. I found it easier to use my hands during this step to help control even distribution. Then add the flour, and mix to combined. Pour the melted butter overtop of the dry ingredients, and stir until the mixture is blended well and crumbly.
- Using your hands again, spread the topping over your filling mixture in an even layer. If you are using multiple pie dishes, make sure that you divide the crumble topping accordingly so that every bite is consistent. For wider dishes, you might need to revise the ingredient amounts to cover a larger surface area.
- Place the cran-apple crisp in oven, and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until filling is soft and bubbling and the topping is golden brown. The crisp is best served warm, but allow the dish to cool slightly so that the cran-apple filling thickens before serving.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Apr 25, 2018