You can find peanut butter eggs pretty much everywhere in the spring, but why get them from the store when you can decorate your very own delicious Fabergé eggs right at home?
Ingredients: for the eggs
Ingredients: for the buttercream frosting
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot, add the peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and one cup of the powdered sugar. Turn the heat to medium, and stir until everything is fully melted and combined. Remove from the heat.
- Add in the rest of the powdered sugar slowly, stirring each time. Cover the mixture, and place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, and shape into flat ovals (egg shapes). Place each egg on the baking sheet, and freeze until hard.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Roll each egg through the chocolate to completely coat, and place back on the baking sheet.
- Place back in the freezer to set.
- Prepare the buttercream for decorating by beating all ingredients (except the food dyes) together in a bowl until fluffy. Separate the frosting into different bowls, and use a few drops of food coloring to create your desired colors.
- Place each color frosting into separate piping bags (or a plastic bag with a tip removed), and decorate the eggs to your liking.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 12, 2020