This cookie bar is a classic, crowd-pleasing favorite, and is perfect for any potluck or gathering.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, salt, and melted butter. Scatter the mixture onto a parchment-lined 8-inch square baking pan. Press the cookie mixture flat into the pan.
- In another medium bowl, combine the chocolate, coconut, and pecans, and scatter the mixture over the crust.
- Drizzle the condensed milk across the top. Bake the bars for 25 to 30 minutes or until they turn a light caramel color.
- Let the bars cool, and then cut them into squares to serve.
Recipes reprinted from Nashville Eats: Hot Chicken, Buttermilk Biscuits, and 100 More Southern Recipes from Music City. Copyright © 2015 by Jennifer Justus. Photos by Andrea Behrends. Published by Stewart, Tabori, and Chang. All rights reserved. For more recipes perfect for the home cook, pick up your own copy of Nashville Eats: Hot Chicken, Buttermilk Biscuits, and 100 More Southern Recipes from Music City on Amazon.com.