While the best part of this signature snack is certainly the taste, the second best aspect is how simple and adaptable the recipe is. By simply swapping out the confectioners’ sugar for strawberry cake mix and milk chocolate chips for white, we’ve created a peanut butter and jelly variation so flavorful that it rivals the original.
Download Bake Sale Tent Cards
- To heat the butter, warm up a few inches of water in a saucepan over low heat. Place a glass bowl over top of the saucepan, and add 4 tablespoons of butter. Continue to stir until the butter liquifies.
- To indirectly heat the chocolate, warm up a few inches of water in a saucepan over low heat. Place a glass bowl over top of the saucepan, and add 1 cup of chocolate chips. Continue to stir the chocolate as it begins to melt, paying close attention to the melting process so that you do not burn the chocolate. As soon as it melts, remove from the heat.
- Add ¾ cup of peanut butter to the melted chocolate, and stir till combined. The peanut butter should liquify from the heat of the chocolate to create a single fluid.
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle the melted chocolate-peanut butter mixture over the Chex. Use a wooden spoon to coat the cereal, but be careful not to crush the Chex in the process.
- Evenly pour 1½ cups of strawberry cake mix into two large ziplock bags. Then divide the cereal into each bag. Close up the ziplock bags, and shake until all of the cereal has been covered.
- Empty the ziplock bags into a large serving bowl, and enjoy. You can also store the puppy chow in an airtight container to keep it fresh for later!
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Jun 29, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020