Try out these delicious red velvet sno balls for a pink twist on the classic treat.
Makes 12 sno balls
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly grease the wells of two mini cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high for two minutes, or until sugar is fully incorporated. Add eggs, vinegar, red food coloring, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, along with half of the milk, and mix on low speed only until the ingredients are combined—do not over mix! Repeat the process with the remaining milk and flour mixture.
- Divide the batter among the prepared pans, and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cakes cool completely before turning the pan over to remove them.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 8 ounces of fluff over medium heat until it liquefies. In a separate bowl, combine the shredded coconut with a few drops of pink gel food coloring.
- Working quickly, roll the top and sides of each cake in the melted marshmallow, and immediately dip into the coconut, making sure to cover the entire surface. Place on a baking sheet to set for at least ten minutes.
- To make the crème filling, beat together the remaining fluff, shortening, powdered sugar, and ½ teaspoons vanilla in a medium bowl. When the mixture becomes fluffy, add in the salt water, and beat until combined.
- Scoop the filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large, plain decorator’s tip. Insert the tip into the bottom of the cake, and squeeze a small amount of filling into the center of each cake.
- Serve each cake as an individual desert.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020