It’s the delicious dessert with the funny name! Whoopie pies are a beloved treat all over the country, and when you switch up the flavor with pumpkin spice and cream cheese filling, this whoopie pie recipe makes for an indulgent taste of fall.
Ingredients: For the cakes
Ingredients: For the filling
Ingredients: For topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, ginger, and salt into a bowl. Add in the sugar and brown sugar, and mix with a fork, removing any clumps.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and water. Add half of the dry mixture into the wet mixture, and beat on low speed with a hand mixer until smooth. Add in the rest of the dry mixture, and continue to beat until a somewhat stiff dough forms. Refrigerate for 15–20 minutes.
- Use an ice cream scoop to spoon the dough onto the baking sheets, with about 2 inches in between. Bake for 8–12 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cakes are slightly brown and the tops are springy. Allow to cool on a wire rack before filling.
- While the cakes are cooling, melt the white chocolate in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring until smooth. When each cake is filled, dip one half into the melted white chocolate, and sprinkle on some of the candied pecans.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020