These deliciously decadent salted toffee scones are a guaranteed hit at any brunch. The scones are coated in homemade toffee, and are topped with melted chocolate and crushed pecans.
Makes 12 large scones or 24 mini scones
Ingredients: For the dough
Ingredients: For the icing and toppings
- Using an electric mixer with a dough hook attachment, mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and pecans. Work in the butter until the mixture is slightly crumbly (it’s perfectly OK for there to be odd sized pieces of butter—that’ll make your scones super flaky and yummy).
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Mix for 5 minutes or until a slightly tacky (not wet or sticky) dough forms.
- Scrape dough onto a lightly floured surface. Pat dough into a large rectangle, around ½-inch thick.
- Cut dough into even squares, and cut those squares in half, forming triangles. Place your scone triangles on a parchment lined cookie sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Place scones in the refrigerator while the oven preheats to 400°F.
- Bake scones for 15 minutes, rotating once halfway. Let the scones cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat, and whisk in sugar and water. Boil, whisking frequently, for 10 minutes or until caramelized. Immediately pour toffee over scones, coating the tops and sides.
- Top toffee coated scones with melted chocolate, pecans, and sea salt.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Mar 30, 2020