Why relegate sangria to the summer? Add a little freshness to your holiday season with this fruit and wine concoction. This refreshing white wine version is an easily adaptable spirit that will take you from fall through all of the holiday festivities.
- Peel, core, and chop one of the apples. Quarter one of the oranges.
- In a bowl, combine the Chardonnay and honey. Add the quartered orange, lemon, lime, cinnamon sticks, chopped apple, ginger, and cloves, and refrigerate overnight. (If you don’t want to wait that long, let it sit for at least 4 hours.)
- Strain the sangria into a pitcher.
- Peel, core, and finely chop the remaining apple. Peel, section, and chop the remaining orange. Mix the apple and orange in a bowl.
- On a small plate, blend the sugar and cinnamon. Moisten the rims of wine glasses, and dip in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Fill the glasses with ice. Pour in the sangria until three-quarters full. Top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with a spoonful of the chopped apple and orange.