Served in individual grapefruit bowls, this salad is perfect for the next brunch get-together with your closest friends. Add an extra pop of pink with strawberries and pomegranate seeds for a vibrant, refreshing treat!
- Using a small knife, cut along the inside perimeter of the peel to separate the flesh of the grapefruit from the rind. Reserve the grapefruit flesh for the salad.
- Take the hollowed grapefruit shell, and slice away just enough of the bottom so that the vessel can sit flat on a plate, taking care not to cut a hole in the vessel. Continue this process with all of the grapefruit halves.
- Prepare the fruit: break apart the reserved grapefruit segments, slice each one in half, and place them into a large bowl. Peel the oranges, and break the flesh of the fruit into segments.
- Chop each of the orange and grapefruit segments in half, and add to the bowl. Then add the sliced strawberries and pomegranate seeds. Stir well to mix up the fruit.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the fruit salad, and gently toss to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to two days.
- To serve, spoon the fruit salad into the grapefruit bowls, and add a sprig of mint for garnish.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020