This wholesome chicken strips, made with a quinoa crust and honey-mustard sauce for dipping, are guaranteed to please every member of the family!
- To prep the chicken, cut off any fatty parts, and slice each breast lengthwise to create 3 or 4 thick strips. Place the strips in a bowl, lightly toss with 1 teaspoon salt, and put into the fridge.
- Cook the quinoa based on package directions. Drain well.
- Set out three shallow containers, such as dredging dishes. Put the flour in one, lightly beat the eggs and mustard in one, and combine the quinoa and Parmesan in the third. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using tongs, dip each chicken strip into the flour, and then shake off the excess. Coat the chicken strips in the egg wash.
- Press the chicken into the quinoa-Parmesan mixture, making sure the strips are evenly coated. (Note: you may need to press hard to get the breading to stick.)
- Preheat your stove’s broiler, with a rack approximately 6 inches from the heat source.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray, and put the sheet into the oven to get hot. Once the sheet is hot, carefully remove it from the oven and place the chicken strips on it.
- Broil the chicken strips until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip the strips over, and broil another 5 minutes or so, until they lose all pink color and the juices are clear.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Mar 23, 2021