Summer can be a hectic time, with kids home from school, camps, vacations, and more littering the itinerary. So hosting a summertime soiree can be challenging— but it doesn’t have to be. Just plan ahead a little, and use the creative tips below to get some easy ideas that will make your get-together memorable!
- Premix a variety of summer beverages, and pour single servings into mason jars. Serve the sealed jars in large metal tubs filled with ice to keep them cool. Make signs for the tubs, like “alcoholic” and “nonalcoholic,” and then label the individual jars with their ingredients.
- Use large glass cookie jars with lids, rather than exposed bowls, for serving your salads and spoon-served sides. This will keep the bugs out in a stylish way and give your guests a closer look at the contents of the dish.
- Create a “summer station” that includes items like sunscreen, extra sunglasses, bug spray, flip-flops, a first aid kit, and anything else that will make your guests feel right at home.
- Keep drinks cool in a kiddie pool filled with ice.
- Set out a basket of pretty umbrellas for an on-the-spot place for shade or shelter from an unexpected shower.
- Collect mismatched glass bottles, and use them as vases. Pair them up in clusters of different sizes holding a variety of flowers.
- Place cupcake liners under mason jar lids, and screw them onto the jar. Poke a straw through the liner, and you have a decorative way to keep the bugs out of your drink.
- Create a simple outdoor photo booth: Gather cheap frames in a variety of sizes, and spray paint them in bright colors. Hang each frame from a tree branch with two pieces of thick ribbon (one on each side of the frame) at a variety of heights to be suitable for both kids and adults.
- Help your guests freshen up by serving washcloths moistened with water, lemon, and mint. Heat them in the microwave (15 seconds) for freshness on a cool night, or serve them chilled on hot, humid days.
For more summer party hosting tips, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/celebrate.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Apr 25, 2018
Interior Design 101: Master Your Decorating
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017