Buying a home is an exciting time, but it’s important to make every minute count when moving into your new space. Use this twenty-four-hour checklist to streamline the moving process so you can truly enjoy the excitement that comes from such a life-changing purchase.
The first twenty-four hours in your new home is crucial, but it doesn’t have to be stressful. Here’s what you can do to make the move count.
- Prior to moving, make sure to pack one box with all the necessities you need for the first day and night in your new home. You don’t want to be rifling through boxes looking for a fresh towel, toilet paper, or a coffee mug. Pack whatever you deem essential in a box, and label appropriately.
- Double-check all rooms for any issues right away. A thorough inspection of the house will bring any problems to light—which makes fixing these problems easier to take care of before furniture is unloaded and items are hung up!
- Wipe down all countertops and frequently used areas. Cleaning should be a no-brainer when getting settled in a new space, but with all of the chaos that moving in entails, it get easily gets overlooked. Remember to break out the broom, cleaning spray, and paper towels to freshen up main areas.
- Try to unpack one box in each main room. While you can’t do it all at once, having at least one box cleared per room will make it easier when you go to do the rest of the unboxing.
- Lastly, start researching local doctors and dentists, as well as any other essential numbers to have—like babysitters in the area and the best pizzeria. You don’t want to be scrambling at the last minute if someone gets sick or you simply need a quick slice for dinner.
Moving into a new home is an exciting time, so make the most of it with this checklist!
Check out americanlifestylemag.com/home for even more tips!