With the weather finally turning warm for most Americans, spring makes us want to shed our winter coats and head outdoors. And, for those who experience dreaded heat in the summer, there’s no time like spring to enjoy the fair weather before the dog days of summer arrive.
Fill your spring bucket list with these adventures for a truly memorable season!
- Try baking something new, like this peach pound cake or carrot cake.
- Visit a flower festival, like the tulip bloom in Skagit Valley, Washington.
- Go for a bike ride, or scenic drive.
- Make a beautiful flower arrangement for your table (or anywhere else in your home).
- Start a garden or compost pile in your yard. Or, if you don’t have much outdoor space, start a vertical garden.
- Make your own homemade cleaners that smell delightful, are light on your wallet, and better for the environment.
- Use those homemade cleaners to get a start on your spring cleaning—this weekly guide can help.
- Get the kids involved in a spring planting project with fun character plants.
- Liven up your spring breakfast selection with vitamin-packed smoothie bowls.
- Bring a host of birds to your yard by making your own bird feeder.
- Treat your pet to a refreshing treat they won’t be able to get enough of (by the way, you can eat them, too)!
- Channel your inner Monet and paint a spring-inspired masterpiece with homemade paints.
- Welcome new house guests with a decorative DIY doormat.
- Give back to the planet by implementing these green living strategies.
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to make this spring the best one yet—fill your schedule with these exciting activities!