The doormat is one of the first things your guests notice when approaching your home—shouldn’t it be inviting? With these simple tips to updating this essential piece of decor, your doormat will better reflect the welcoming environment inside.
If using painters tape:
- Create a design or image on your mat, using the tape to cover the negative space of your design.
- In a well ventilated area, use spray paint to fill in any areas not covered in painter’s tape.
- Wait 4–5 hours before removing the tape to allow the paint to dry.
If using a stencil/template:
- Decide where you’d like your stencil/template, and secure to the mat with tape. Cover any exposed areas with paper, and secure those to the mat as well.
- In a well ventilated area, hold down the stencil/template with a gloved hand, then spray paint directly above the section you are covering, as to avoid getting paint in unwanted areas.
- Wait 4–5 hours before removing the stencil or template to allow adequate time for the paint to dry.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Mar 30, 2020