Add to the Independence Day excitement by creating your own ribbon runner! Just follow the simple steps below, and then watch the kids have fun making their ribbon runner fly behind them as they run around.
When they’re done, you can also hang it in your yard for a fun, patriotic decoration that adds flair to your festive party.
- Empty bread crumb container. Using a can opener, carefully cut off the bottom of the container to create a tube that is open at both ends.
- Wrap decorative paper around the tube, and cut away any excess paper where it overhangs. Use hot glue to adhere the paper in place. Decorate the cylinder as much as you wish.
- Cut the rope into three even pieces, long enough to hang from a branch, and set aside. Cut the ribbon into long strips, and glue each piece along the interior edge of one end of the tube. Alternate ribbon sizes, colors, and designs to add texture and dimension to the craft. Continue until the entire bottom edge is covered with strands of ribbon.
- On the opposite end of the cylinder, glue the three rope strands along the top interior edge. Make sure to keep an equal distance between each strand. Glue each of the three rope strands to the end of the dowel rod, and set aside until it is thoroughly dry. For extra durability, consider drilling a hole into the end of the dowel, and weave the rope strands through the hole; tie the three rope strands together into a heavy-duty knot.
- Holding the dowel rod in the air, run around the yard so that the tube is horizontal and the ribbon is dancing in the wind behind you. Enjoy!
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020