Clambakes are a uniquely summer outdoor party. And it’s easy to plan a traditional clambake on your favorite beach this summer or invite friends to enjoy an at-home variation, since it requires little preparation. So use the extra prep time to get creative with your decor, and use these tips to create a classic clambake feel.
Killer Clam Bake Tips:
- Hang decorative banners for a classy and themed DIY decoration. Thread each piece of the banner together with fishing line, alternating the pieces with craft pearls, shells, and beads.
- Upcycle glass jars or aluminum cans for decorations. Wrap the cans in rope, and secure with hot glue for beach-style vases. Fill the jars with seashells, sea glass, stones, or sand, and then use them to hold candles or utensils.
- Themed food labels add to the decor and keep your guests informed about everything that’s on the menu, from the main course seafoods and meats to your “sea sides.” Use clothespins to clip the labels to mason jars, or make your own sails to play up the nautical theme.
- Take your guests on an adventure by creating a variety of cheese boards from around the globe. Play off the theme of traveling to different locales by labeling the cheeses with clever cheese board labels, shaped and set up to look like sails.
- Take your clambake outside to enjoy the warm summer evening. Guests will feel more comfortable using their hands to crack into the delicious seafood.
- Clambakes can get messy. Provide bibs and plenty of cloth napkins for the meal, and help guests freshen up postmeal by serving washcloths moistened with water and lemon.
Embellish any part of your home this summer with some maritime decor.Read Article
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Apr 25, 2018