Whether you are a free spirit or a traditionalist, these tips and tricks for how to decorate your home based on your personal tastes have got you covered!
If you happen to be a free spirit and enjoy going with the flow, try experimenting with earthy tones with a splash of color like orange, pink, green, or aqua. The subtlety of these earthy tones with complement any room, while the burst of color will add a fun flair to the decor.
- Rather than a blanket, opt for a quilt. Quilts add texture and earthy qualities to a space. Quilts often come in a variety of colors and designs, making it a staple when adding a touch of personality into a room.
- Express yourself through a colorful vase. Pick your favorite vibrant shade and place the vase on any shelf or coffee table. Think outside of the box when filling the vase. Instead of flowers, use other organic materials like feathers, sticks, or pinecones.
- Strategically place natural objects throughout the room. Items like rocks, succulents, leaves, and dried flowers do a lovely job of making a space more organic.
- Hanging plants are a great way to add life to a room rather than taking up valuable table space.
Are you in touch with your roots and love to live through long practiced traditions? Simple decor is often the best way to use the space in a room and can make it seem less cluttered. This style of decor uses wood accents as well as leather and warm shades to make for a cozy environment.
- When choosing furniture, it’s very important to keep material in mind. In a traditional space, leather couches and sitting chairs complement the warmth of the room while adding a stylish touch.
- Take a chance with adding wood accents like dark cabinets or a wood coffee table into the middle of the room to create a gathering space.
- When taking the simple route with decorating, subtle accents help to bring the room together. Rather than cluttering the room with various decoration pieces, take note of the focal points in the room and use those to your advantage.
- Adding a rug on top of hard wood floors is a great way to add a more comfortable feel. Simple designs or patters will pair well with the warm undertones of the room.
- The main focal point of any room is the sitting area. This area is a prime spot to add a touch of personality with throw pillows. These pillows can help effortlessly pull a space together.
Living life by the “less is more” mentality often leaves room for creativity to flourish. Decorating your house in a minimalist style provides a clean and open looking space. The key to achieving this look is making sure the room lets in as much light as possible, in addition to keeping the space open and airy.
- Let natural light flow into a room through a window by skipping the window treatments. If shades are needed, look for very simple and thin fabric options.
- Open shelving units and lifted bed frames are perfect ways make a room appear more spacious. These open concept pieces give the illusion of a larger room.
- Minimalism is all about the contrast, so try pairing industrial colors like grey or black with lighter colors such as white or cream.
- Create contrast with white walls and grey or black accents, like an art piece or dark comforter for your bed.
- All white furniture with one dark accent wall, or the opposite, all black furniture with white walls, creates a satisfying distinction in the depth of colors used in the room for a clean and simple look.