When I first made this wrap, it quickly became my most viewed TikTok video. Today it still is, with more than 80 million views. TikTok even announced that this was the most viewed video in Sweden in 2021.
Without knowing it, I started a “tortilla trend” and saw people all over the world re-create this wrap. I still make this all the time, and you’ll never get tired of it because you can substitute ingredients and make this wrap in so many different ways. I’ve turned it into a taco wrap, a burger wrap and also a pizza wrap.
- Heat the chicken fingers according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large pan and cook it over high heat. When the bacon starts to sizzle, reduce the heat to medium-high, and continue cooking until the bacon is crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan, and place it on a paper towel or a rack to drain.
- Place 1 tortilla on a clean, flat surface, and use a knife or scissors to make a cut from the bottom of the tortilla straight up to the center of the tortilla. In the bottom-left corner of the tortilla (to the left of the cut), place half of the avocado and 2 slices of bacon. In the top-left corner, add half of the tomato and half of the red onion. In the top-right corner, place 2 tablespoons of jalapeño spread, and place half of the chicken on top (you might have to cut and shape the chicken a little to fit it in the corner). In the bottom-right corner (to the right of the cut), add half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Starting on the corner with the avocado and bacon, place your thumb underneath the tortilla and lift it toward the upper-left corner. Use your other fingers to hold the avocado and bacon in place while folding them over the tomato and red onion. Now, holding this together, fold the top-left corner (which is now folded once already) over the chicken (top-right corner). Hold the whole thing together while folding it down one more time over the mozzarella cheese. The whole tortilla should now be folded into one triangle-shaped wrap. Repeat with the second tortilla.
- Carefully place the wraps into a panini maker, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Note: If you don’t have a panini maker, you can use a frying pan. Cook the wraps for about 4 minutes on each side over medium-low heat.
Reprinted with permission from Simple Food 4 You by Alexandra Johnsson. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Toni Zernik.