With its slight pink tint, this strawberry pound cake from Kim Nelson at Daisy Cakes is the prettiest dessert to serve at your next picnic!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Then slice the strawberries into little bite-size chunks. You will need a total of 3 cups.
- When the oven is ready, spread 1 cup of pecans on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast for 5 minutes or until the pecans become aromatic. Remove from the oven, and chop them into tiny pieces. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, combine 1½ cups of canola oil, 2 cups of sugar, 3 eggs, and 1 tablespoon of vanilla in a medium bowl. Then whisk in the 3 cups of self-rising flour, and stir until the batter becomes very stiff.
- To make sure the end results are perfect and come out of the pan easily, you will want to grease and flour your 10-cup Bundt pan.
- The last step to creating the batter is folding in the strawberries and pecans. Mix well for even distribution.
- Pour the batter into the prepped pan, and put it into the warmed oven. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Allow the cake time to cool in the pan—for about 15 minutes or so. This allows the cake to set up more so that it doesn’t crumble when you turn the cake over onto the cake plate.
- Garnish the pound cake with a generous dash of confectioners’ sugar, and devour!
This featured recipe has been adapted from the cookbook Daisy Cakes by Kim Daisy (Lydia Inglett Publishing/Starbooks.biz). For more delicious treats, pick up your own copy of Daisy Cakes online.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Mar 30, 2020