Having extra company provides a nice break from the humdrum of daily life. Use these tips to ensure that your guests feel right at home during their stay!
All in the details
Being a good host is all about adding details that make your visitors more comfortable while staying at your house.
- Pick up a few of their favorite magazines, and have a selection of novels stored on a bookshelf for them to choose from.
- Know they love certain television shows? DVR them! There’s nothing better than having the latest episodes available at all times.
- Fresh flowers on the nightstand or in the bathroom will brighten up the room and create a cozy ambience.
Share house secrets
Guests don’t know the ins and outs of your home. Provide important information so they feel less intrusive during their stay:
- Give them the mother of all manuals. Include items like the alarm code, thermostat directions, TV remote guide, and Wi-Fi credentials.
- Have a set of spare keys made so your visitors can come and go as they please. Take it one step further and attach the keys to a customized key chain.
Supply the necessities
Think like a hotel. Visitors will enjoy having their own amenities, snacks, and fresh linens.
- Leave a welcome basket on their beds. Stock it with useful items such as shampoo, mouthwash, a toothbrush, crackers, and a bottle of water.
- Hang fresh towels in the bathroom. Be sure to let guests know where the extra set of sheets and pillows are kept.
Consider the mornings
Make sure that your guests are both refueled and refreshed in the a.m.
- You can never go wrong with a variety of pastries and fresh fruit in the morning. Always be sure to stock up on their preferred types of caffeine, either tea or coffee.
- Offer to see if guests have any laundry that needs to be done. Check to see if their bathroom needs to be restocked with fresh towels and toiletries.
Put these tips to use when your next guest comes knocking on your door!