Photography by Christmas SPIRIT Foundation.
As part of their sacrifice for our country, military members and their families are often separated on special occasions that most of us take for granted, including holidays. In addition, the families themselves are oftentimes living far away from their actual homes.
One program that’s been helping to bring the holidays closer for both soldiers and military families is Trees for Troops. Since 2005, the Christmas SPIRIT Foundation has teamed up with FedEx to deliver Christmas trees to dozens of military bases across the United States and abroad through Trees for Troops.
Here are just some of the ways this heart-warming holiday program makes a difference:
- Fresh-cut Christmas trees are donated by farms across two dozen states, as well as by retailers and citizens.
- Trees for Troops has sent approximately two hundred trees a year to military members stationed overseas.
- Since its inception, Trees for Troops has provided 262,265 trees to troops and military families.
- Despite COVID-19, the organization delivered 16,073 trees to seventy-nine bases and installations in 2020.
- Trees for Troops Weekend, usually held during the first weekend of December, is an annual event where donations
and donated trees are gathered.
It’s been said that there’s no place like home for the holidays. When this isn’t possible for military families, Trees for Troops steps in to bolster the spirit of the season, one tree at a time.
For more info, visit treesfortroops.org