Do you have a pet that hates getting a bath? Why waste water? Try cleaning your pet with one of these recipes for a dry shampoo! Whether you have a dog or a cat, you’ll find these recipes to be great for freshening up your pet’s coat, they can save you and your pet a lot of frustration!
Dry shampoo for dogs
Dogs are known for getting into anything and everything, but a strong shake on their part just isn’t enough to get them adequately clean, so try this shampoo to make your pet dog-gone clean.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the baking soda, cornstarch, and fragrance oil, and pour mixture into the container. If your container’s lid does not already have holes in it, poke a few of your own holes.
- To apply, take your dog outside, and brush him to remove any clumps of fur.
- Sprinkle a good amount of your dry shampoo on your dog’s coat, and rub it in thoroughly.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes, which will give the mixture time to absorb any oils and odors from the fur, brush your dog again to get most of the shampoo out, and use an old towel to rub out the rest. (If you still see some shampoo after that, try blow drying your dog’s coat.)
Dry shampoo for cats
Cats do a relatively good job of keeping themselves clean, but they are also notorious for disliking getting wet, so this dry shampoo will come in handy when it’s time to freshen up your feline’s fur.
- Pour the grains into a microwave-safe container, seal, shake to combine, and warm the mixture in a microwave set on low for 10-15 seconds.
- To apply, take your cat outside, rub the warm grains into your cat’s fur, let it sit for a few minutes, and brush it out.