If you need a light, crisp treat to serve during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, then look no further. These raspberry meringue cookies make a perfect party favor for a ladies’ lunch or breast cancer awareness function.
Makes 30–35 cookies
- Preheat the oven to 225°F.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl, and use an electric mixer to begin beating them to a frothy consistency.
- Gradually (and very slowly) add the sugar to your bowl, one tablespoon at a time, and beat well after each addition so it dissolves into the egg whites. The egg white mixture should begin to appear stiff and glossy.
- In a separate bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of raspberry jam with a few drops of pink food coloring.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the jam mixture into the meringue, being careful not to over mix the meringue or you will deflate the peaks.
- Spoon the meringue into a pastry bag fitted with the decorating tip of your choice—a tip with a smaller opening is recommended for more control. Pipe the meringue onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in quarter sized circles.
- Bake for two hours, or until the cookies become dry and peel easily off of the parchment paper. Allow to cool completely before serving.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Apr 25, 2018
Interior Design 101: Master Your Decorating
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017