The doormat is one of the first things your guests notice when approaching your home—shouldn’t it be inviting? With these simple tips to updating this essential piece of decor, your doormat will better reflect the welcoming environment inside.
If using painters tape:
- Create a design or image on your mat, using the tape to cover the negative space of your design.
- In a well ventilated area, use spray paint to fill in any areas not covered in painter’s tape.
- Wait 4–5 hours before removing the tape to allow the paint to dry.
If using a stencil/template:
- Decide where you’d like your stencil/template, and secure to the mat with tape. Cover any exposed areas with paper, and secure those to the mat as well.
- In a well ventilated area, hold down the stencil/template with a gloved hand, then spray paint directly above the section you are covering, as to avoid getting paint in unwanted areas.
- Wait 4–5 hours before removing the stencil or template to allow adequate time for the paint to dry.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 19, 2017