Forget elf on the shelf: this elf goes on your sweater! This simple craft allows you to transform a well-loved piece of clothing into a festive sweater that is just as fun to wear as it is to admire.
Download Elf Template
- Lay the sweater on a flat surface, and place the piece of cardboard inside, in-between the front and the back. This will help the hot glue from seeping through.
- Cut out the shapes for the elf on the template and flip them upside down.
- Lay the shapes of the elf on top of the felt, trace with a marker, and cut out each shape.
- Repeat step three using the white faux fur for the elf’s beard. Hot glue the mirror and all of the elf felt shapes onto the sweater.
- To make the presents, cut out small felt squares, in a variety of colors. Cut additional stripes or circles to make decorations. Glue the decorations onto the felt and let dry.
- For the present sack, cut out a large circle. Wrap the string around the top of the sack and tie with a bow. Attach the sack to the sweater, and then attach presents in and around the sack.
- Glue the jingle bells around the neckline, and let dry. Once dry, remove the cardboard liner.
The finished product is neither washer nor dryer safe.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017