Stories inspire wonder, stir imagination, and feed creativity. So why use run-of-the-mill page markers? Instead, try these custom character corner bookmarks.
Simple to make—thanks to our downloadable template—these customizable bookmarks make reading even more enticing!
Printable Character Bookmarks Template
- Download a character bookmark template and the coordinating character faces printout. This will give you the pieces necessary to create a bird, frog, panda, bunny, and pig.
- You will then need the following basic craft supplies: scissors, glue, and construction paper. Extra craft embellishments will depend on your preferences and creativity. We added items like googly eyes and feathers to make our bookmarks come to life!
- Once you have cut out the template, choose a piece of colored paper that will coordinate with the character you’re making. Carefully trace the outline of the template, and cut it out. With the shape cut, reference the template to mark the lines where the paper will fold.
- Hold the paper so that there are two skinny triangle points facing up and one larger triangle facing down. Fold one of the skinny triangle sides completely toward the center.
- Follow the same folding technique as before with the remaining skinny triangle piece. This will cover the previous fold completely. Use glue to adhere the second fold onto the first.
- With the frame of the corner bookmark made, cut out the face features from your printout, and glue onto the bookmark. Then feel free to embellish the characters with feathers, googly eyes, and any additional features you want to add.
- Pick up your favorite book, get lost in a story, and mark your spot with your custom character bookmark!
- Follow the process above to create the whole collection of character bookmarks. Of course, you can also use just the bookmark template, and create your own creatures as well!
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020