Take control of your family’s schedule with this DIY command center! Keeping up with grocery lists, family schedules, and daily chores can be difficult, and suddenly everything needs to be done at once, but with this one-stop-shop, you’ll have everything you need to be the boss of your routine.
Printable Command Center Templates
- Cut plywood to your preferred size (the exact specs will vary depending on how large you want the command center to be). Then decorate with paint to give the board visual interest. Go simple with a solid color, or be bold with a funky design or a repeating pattern.
- Download a calendar, daily dinner menu, cleaning list, and reminders printouts, and fill the picture frames. Then superglue magnets onto the backs of the frames.
- To assemble the birthday block, paint the wood plaque to coordinate with the background of the command center, and attach the drawer knob using superglue. Label tags with the months of the year, and list the dates and names of people who have birthdays in each month. Hang tags on the knob, and attach magnets to the back of the plaque.
- To assemble the mail bin, cut a cereal box down to your desired height and shape. Decorate both the inside and the outside with scrapbook paper, using modpodge to adhere the paper to the cardboard. Then superglue magnets to the back.
- Arrange the frames, birthday block, and mail bin on the command center, and incorporate any hooks, clips, and decorative elements until you’re satisfied with the design layout. Make light marks as to where the other magnets need to go, and attach those to the board with superglue. Once dry, attach each item and frame into its permanent place.
- Attach frame mount hooks to the back of the command center board, hang it up on the wall, and you’re ready to get organized! Fill out your framed printables by using dry erase markers on the glass to annotate notes and tasks.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020