Tie-dye may have been popular throughout the 60s and into the 70s, but it has since remained a staple summer activity that anyone of any age can enjoy.
It’s definitely left its (colorful) mark on American culture. These DIY tie-dye napkins are sure to make your table setting all the more bright and colorful.
- Pour equal parts red dye and water into a cup, and mix. Repeat this for the blue dye. Pour water into two additional cups.
- Soak a napkin in water, and lay it out on a covered surface to avoid staining.
- Dip one of the paintbrushes in dye, and draw horizontal lines across the napkin.
- Dip the other paintbrush in water, and draw perpendicular lines to the lines that you painted in step three.
- Attach the napkin to the hanger using a pair of clothespins, and hang to dry. Repeat with other napkins.
Tips: To prevent the colors from bleeding, soak the napkins (once dry) in a vinegar, salt, and cold water solution, and wash on a cold cycle with a small amount of detergent. You can also try out different patterns to make each napkin unique!