Next time you find yourself with a sock that no longer has its pair, try turning it into this fun plant pal adaptation. With the help of a few rubber bands, a sock filled with soil and seed can be transformed into a face. Set it into a tiny pot, and watch as the grass grows like hair!
- Fill a sock with potting soil. You will want to have enough soil in the sock so that it creates a 5-inch-tall head.
- Use a rubber band to temporarily close the top of the sock so that the soil doesn’t fall out. Holding the sock in one hand, carefully pinch a section in the middle of the sock to create a small ball. Use a rubber band to tie the ball in place. This will become the nose.
- Follow that same technique on both sides of the sock to create balls for the ears.
- Remove the rubber band from the top of the sock, and cut away any excess material. When you close the sock for good, you only want to have a little nub at the top.
- Carefully place the seeds within the opening of the sock, and cinch it closed with another rubber band.
- Attach googly eyes to your sock pal using the hot glue gun, and use a marker to draw on any additional facial features.
- Fill a bowl halfway with water. Submerge your sock pal in the water, and allow it to soak for five minutes.
- Make sure you water daily and keep your sock man plant pal somewhere sunny.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jun 24, 2020
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020