The more outlandish an ugly Christmas sweater is, the better. And this one certainly doesn’t disappoint. This craft includes putting a holiday season staple—a snow globe—right on the front of your sweater, turning you into a life-sized seasonal serene scene!
Printable Snowglobe Template
- Trace the pie pan lid onto a piece of cardboard, and cut the circle out. Print and cut out the snow globe template, and glue it to the cardboard. Glue the Santa figurine to the cardboard globe image.
- Using the scissors, make a small hole at the bottom of the sweater where you want the base of the globe to be. Fish the tubing from inside of the sweater, out through the arm. Glue it to the cardboard, and cut the excess amount of tubing that sticks out.
- Using a hole punch, make a hole at the bottom of the cardboard globe image (depending upon the size of the tubing, the size of the hole may vary). Stick the other end of the tubing through the hole at the bottom until an inch of the tube is in the globe.
- Lay the sweater on a flat surface, and place the piece of cardboard inside, in-between the front and the back. This will help the hot glue from seeping through.
- Place the snow in the middle of the cardboard globe image and glue the lid onto it, sealing the snow inside.
- Cut out a piece of felt in the shape of the globe’s base, and glue it to the sweater. Using a generous amount of hot glue, attach the globe portion, glue the pom-poms to the sweater, and let dry for 2–3 hours.
- Blow into the tube to make the snow move!
The finished product is neither washer nor dryer safe.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Mar 23, 2021