These colorful spring macarons highlight the sweet-tart flavor of lychees and earthy herbal green tea.
Makes 2 dozen macarons
Ingredients: For the macaron
Ingredients: For the filling
- Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk egg whites forming soft peaks. Add in granulated sugar and green food coloring, continue to whisk until eggs whites are glossy, and hold stiff peaks.
- Sift almond flour, powdered sugar, and matcha powder into the egg whites. Gently fold together until blended.
- Spoon a small portion of the batter onto a plate to test. If the batter holds its peak, return to the bowl and continue to fold. You want the batter to flatten into light, even airy disks and not hold any peaks.
- Using a piping bag with a round piping tip, portion small disks onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, about ½-inch apart. Let sit, uncovered, for 1 hour until the disks form a skin (the batter is no longer sticky).
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Bake the macarons for 20 minutes, or until set but not brown. Let cool for 2 hours before filling.
- In an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk confectioners’ sugar, butter, pureed lychees, and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy. Spoon filling into a pastry bag with a round piping tip, and fill the cookies.
Tip: A little bit of oil or water will cause your macarons to not fluff and puff. A silicon baking mat or parchment paper will work—do not spray.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Apr 25, 2018