When the weather turns chilly, there’s no better dessert than a warm fruit crumble. This rendition, with cranberries and pears, is the perfect treat for a night in snuggled up on the couch.
Ingredients: For the filling
Ingredients: For the crumble
Ingredients: For the cardamom whip
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped pears, cranberries, n cup sugar, water, lemon juice, cinnamon and lemon zest. Use a wooden spoon or your hands to stir and coat all the fruit with the brown sugar mixture. Place the coated fruit in the prepared baking dish.
- For the crumble topping, in a medium bowl, combine the flour and q cup sugar. Use a pastry cutter or two knives to cut in the chilled butter until large, buttery crumbs are formed. Sprinkle the crumble topping across the top of the fruit.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the juice from the fruit is bubbling up through the crumble topping.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Cardamom Whip. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cream, sugar, cardamom and vanilla on high speed until soft peaks form. Be careful not to look away, as a minute too long and you will be spreading cardamom butter on your toast tomorrow morning.
- Remove the crumble from the oven and prepare to serve with spoonfuls of the Cardamom Whip.
Recipe reprinted from Butter Celebrates!: Delicious Recipes for Special Occasions by Rosie Daykin. Copyright © 2016, Random House.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020