Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, these delectable fritters find that perfect balance between aromatics, texture, and flavor.
Makes 12 large fritters or 24 small fritters
Ingredients: For the fritters
Ingredients: For the glaze
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or dutch oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom and cinnamon. Pour in milk, wine and eggs, whisk until smooth and thick. Stir in apples until well blended.
- Using a scoop or large spoon, portion and carefully drop batter into the hot oil, making sure not to crowd the pot. Fry for 8-9 minutes, turning frequently, until dark brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Remove fritters from the fryer and drain on a rack or paper towel.
- In a medium bowl whisk together glaze ingredients until blended. Drizzle glaze over fritters before serving.
Tip: Drizzle with the glaze or dust with powdered sugar (or both!).
For more delectable desserts, visit americanlifestylemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020