When it comes to dips, there is a certain variety that stands above the rest—cheese dip. And when you have freshly baked pretzels built into the dip? Well, let’s just say no other cheese dip can even come close.
Ingredients: For the pretzels
Ingredients: For the cheese dip
- In a bowl or stand mixer, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let the mixture sit 5 minutes, or until it starts to foam.
- Mix in 3½ cups of flour, Kosher salt, and the melted butter, until well combined. Slowly add in more flour until the dough isn’t sticky and pulls away from the bowl—this might not require all of the flour.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and spray the bowl with nonstick spray. Place the dough back in, and cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the skillet or baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pour the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into about 16 equal-sized balls. Place on the baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap or a towel and allow to rise 15 minutes more.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 425°F, and bring 8 cups of water to a boil. When the water is boiling, add in the baking soda slowly. Place each of the dough balls into the pot of boiling water. Allow the dough to sit for 30 seconds, then flip, and let sit for another 30 seconds. Remove the dough from the water and place back on the baking sheet to cool.
- Arrange the pretzels along the outside of the skillet or baking dish. Cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the cream cheese and ranch seasoning in a bowl, using a mixer. Slowly add in the beer and the cheese until everything is combined.
- Scoop the dip into the center of the skillet or baking dish, then brush the dough with your beaten egg and sprinkle with more salt.
- Using a knife, score the tops of the pretzels with an “x.” Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the pretzels are a deep golden brown and the cheese browns on the top. Sprinkle with green onion, if desired.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020