If you’re a fan of the whole “chestnuts roasting on an open fire” adage of the holidays, you’re certainly going to be a fan of these bourbon-glazed pecans (which, frankly, are tastier than chestnuts). Who has time for all that cracking, anyway?
- In a small bowl, combine the bourbon and cranberries, and let soak for 30 minutes. In another bowl, mix together the brown sugar, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, and set aside.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat, and add in the pecans. Stir continuously to avoid burning, and toast for 3–4 minutes, or until fragrant and slightly browned. Add in the butter, and mix to coat.
- Add in the spice mixture, and stir. Remove from the heat, and pour in the dried cranberries and bourbon. Continue to stir for another minute.
- Place back on the heat, and continue to stir for 1–2 minutes until the mixture thickens into a glaze. Once thickened, place the pecans in an even layer on a baking sheet, and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle the orange zest over top the pecans, and serve.
You may also like:
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
Outdoors & Gardening | Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
Health | Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
Cleaning | Mar 23, 2021
Buying & Selling | Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 17, 2016