Pineapple goes great on a holiday ham. The subtle sweetness and saltiness from the meat blend together perfectly. Recreate that same delicious flavor in this recipe for pineapple stuffing. Small chunks of fruit add just the right amount of sweetness to the classic, savory side.
- Preheat oven to 350F°, and spray an 11″ x 7″ baking dish or 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add in the onions and salt, and stir occasionally, for 5–10 minutes or until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl until combined. Add in the drained pineapple and parsley, and stir. Then add in the slightly cooled onions and butter mixture, and stir to combine.
- Add the bread cubes to the mixture, and gently toss with a large spoon until the cubes are evenly coated, without smashing the bread.
- Lightly spoon the stuffing into a baking dish, and evenly distribute in the pan. Cover with foil, and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove the foil and continue to bake until golden brown, approximately another 25–30 minutes. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Mar 30, 2020