The quintessential fall flavors of pumpkin and apple come together in this recipe for pumpkin waffles with apple cider syrup that’s perfect for an autumn brunch—or anytime you have the urge to start your day with a sweet breakfast.
Pumpkin waffle ingredients:
- Preheat a waffle iron, and grease it with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, egg, buttermilk, brown sugar, and pumpkin puree.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, cornmeal, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined, taking care to not overmix.
- Using ½ cup of the batter at a time, pour the batter onto the center of the hot waffle iron, and press the lid down.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the waffle is golden brown. Carefully remove waffle, and repeat the process with the remaining batter.
Apple Cider Syrup
- Use a whisk to mix the brown and white sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Slowly add the apple cider and lemon juice to the mixture.
- Whisk over medium heat until the syrup thickens to your desired consistency.
- Remove the syrup from the heat, and stir in the vanilla and butter.
- Serve warm over pumpkin waffles.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020