With their combination of honey, oats, and fruit, these homemade breakfast bars are packed full of flavor and nutrients.
Ingredients: For the filling
Ingredients: For the dough
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine fruit and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Mash fruit with the back of a fork, and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Add to fruit mixture, and stir until it thickens.
- For the dough, combine vegetable oil, applesauce, and honey. In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, and baking powder. Add dry mixture to wet ingredients, and mix with a spoon until dough forms. Knead the dough with your hands for a few minutes.
- On a floured surface using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a rectangle that is 12” x 16”. Cut the rectangle into four equal strips.
- Spoon filling down the middle of each strip, fold the edges, and pinch to seal.
- Slice logs into 10 equal pieces, and place on baking pan. Bake for 15–20 minutes.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 23, 2020