While the best part of this signature snack is certainly the taste, the second best aspect is how simple and adaptable the recipe is. By simply swapping out the peanut butter for marshmallows and the confectioners’ sugar for cocoa, we’ve created a hot fudge sundae variation so flavorful that it rivals the original.
Download Bake Sale Tent Cards
- To heat the butter, warm up a few inches of water in a saucepan over low heat. Place a glass bowl over top of the saucepan, and add 4 tablespoons of butter. Continue to stir until the butter liquifies.
- Using this same indirect heating method, add ¾ cup of marshmallows to the butter. Continue to stir the marshmallows as it begins to melt, paying close attention to the melting process so that it does not burn. As soon as it melts, remove from the heat.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the melted marshmallows, and stir to combined. The marshmallows and chocolate should, for the most part, liquify into a single fluid.
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle the melted chocolate-marshmallow mixture over the Chex. Use a wooden spoon to coat the cereal, but be careful not to crush the Chex in the process.
- Mix together the ¾ cup cocoa powder with the ¾ cup of confectioners’ sugar. Add the sprinkles to the powder, and evenly pour into two large ziplock bags. Then divide the chocolatey cereal into each bag. Close up the ziplock bags, and shake until all of the cereal has been covered.
- Empty the ziplock bags into a large serving bowl, and garnish with additional mini marshmallows and sprinkles. Enjoy the chocolatey deliciousness of this treat now, or store the puppy chow in an airtight container to keep it fresh for later!
You may also like:
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
Outdoors & Gardening | Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
Health | Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
Cleaning | Mar 23, 2021
Buying & Selling | Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 17, 2016