Kim Nelson’s handmade cakes stem from old, southern family recipes. Try this staple from her kitchen at Daisy Cakes!
Ingredients: For the crust
Ingredients: For the filling
- Use a food processor to break up the cookies into tiny chunks. Add the butter and the sugar, and mix until it is coarse. It should be similar in consistency to cornmeal.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease your pan. You will need a 10-inch springform pan.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, press the cookie crumbs to the bottom of the greased pan. Make sure to keep this layer as even as possible.
- To make the filling, you will need cream cheese, a can of 100% pure pumpkin, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, unbleached all-purpose flour, salt, 4 eggs, heavy whipping cream, and pure vanilla extract.
- Begin making the filling by beating 3 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Continue until the cheese is smooth.
- Add in the can of 100% pure pumpkin. Once that is fully incorporated into the cream cheese, add 1 cup of granulated sugar, ¼ cup of dark brown sugar, ¼ cup of unbleached all-purpose flour, and a pinch of salt. Mix well. Then add 4 eggs, and blend well. Finally add the ½ cup of heavy whipping cream and 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract to the pumpkin mixture. Continue beating all of the ingredients until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour the cream cheese filling into the springform pan, spreading the filling evenly in the pan to create a smooth top. Bake in the warmed oven for 1½ hours. Note: For best results, place the springform pan on a rimmed baking sheet. You can also add some water to the baking sheet to help promote even baking throughout the cake.
- Garnish the pound cake with a dollop of whipped cream and a dash of freshly ground nutmeg. This recipe will serve 10 to 12 people.
This featured recipe has been adapted from the cookbook Daisy Cakes by Kim Daisy (Lydia Inglett Publishing/Starbooks.biz). For more delicious treats, pick up your own copy of Daisy Cakes online.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 30, 2020