While the best part of this signature snack is certainly the taste, the second best aspect is how simple and adaptable the recipe is. By simply swapping out the confectioners’ sugar for red velvet cake mix and peanut butter for cream cheese, we’ve created a red velvet variation so flavorful that it rivals the original.
Download Bake Sale Tent Cards
- To heat the butter, warm up a few inches of water in a saucepan over low heat. Place a glass bowl over top of the saucepan, and add 4 tablespoons of butter. Continue to stir until the butter liquifies.
- Using this same indirect heating method, add 1 cup of white chocolate chips to the butter. Continue to stir the chocolate as it begins to melt, paying close attention to the melting process so that you do not burn the chocolate. As soon as it melts, remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, using this same indirect heating method, melt ¾ cup of cream cheese. Immediately remove from heat, and fold into the melted chocolate. Stir to combined. The cream cheese should, for the most part, create a single fluid with the chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle the melted chocolate-cream cheese mixture over the Chex. Use a wooden spoon to coat the cereal, but be careful not to crush the Chex in the process.
- Evenly pour 1½ cups of red velvet cake mix into two large ziplock bags. Then divide the cereal into each bag. Close up the ziplock bags, and shake until all of the cereal has been covered.
- Empty the ziplock bags into a large serving bowl, and enjoy the chocolatey deliciousness of this treat. You can also store the puppy chow in an airtight container to keep it fresh for later!
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Mar 30, 2020