Who says pasta can’t be pink? Nutritious and delicious beets turn this pesto bright pink for a fun and healthy twist!
- Prep the beets by removing the stem and most of the root, and then thoroughly rinse until they are clean.
- Add the beets to a pot of boiling water, and boil for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the water from the pot, and then peel the outer layer off of the beets. It’s best to do this under running water so that the vegetable doesn’t stain your hands.
- To assemble the pesto, chop the beets into quarters, and place them into the food processor, along with the smashed garlic, pistachios, lemon juice, olive oil, and cheese. Pulse until smooth.
- To prepare the pasta, bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta of your choice, and cook until al dente.
- Toss the pasta with the beet pesto, and garnish with chopped pistachios and Parmesan cheese before serving.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 23, 2021
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 17, 2016
Make Your Own Seed Paper
| Mar 30, 2020