In the category of quick, healthy dinners, this is a champion. Vancouver’s fish markets capture the lore and drama of the salmon lifecycle and Pacific Rim culture of fish consumption, as do the markets of Nova Scotia, and the vendors there are happy to tell you all about it. This will fall right into your family dinner repertory, served with salad, fresh vegetables, and lots of lemon wedges.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Use 1 tablespoon of olive oil to oil the baking dish, and the rest to coat the salmon. Place the salmon flesh-side down in the baking dish. Coat with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Place the rest of the lemon juice in a small bowl and mix in the yogurt, white pepper, salt, capers and dill. Spoon half of the mixture on the fish, and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Using a spatula, gently flip the fish, and apply the remaining yogurt mixture to it.
- Return it to the oven for about 10 more minutes (depending on its size). Make sure the center is cooked by making a small incision and checking the flesh, which should be light pink and firm, not dark pink and raw.
- Once fully cooked, transfer the fish to a serving dish, and top with lemon slices, capers, and parsley. Serve hot with lemon wedges on the side.
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Mar 23, 2021
Spring Cleaning Countdown
| Jun 9, 2020