Spaghetti squash? We know what you’re thinking, there’s no way that a vegetable could remotely compare to your beloved spaghetti. But, with the endless recipe options, this yellow gourd can easily become your favorite carbless dinner.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Tip: If squash is too hard to cut, poke holes throughout, and microwave it for 10 seconds to soften.
- Place squash, cut-side down, onto the baking sheet, and roast in the oven until tender, for about 35–45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool.
- Using a fork, scrape the inside of the flesh to create long strands that resemble spaghetti.
Saucy spaghetti squash mix-ins:
- The traditional: When a spaghetti craving hits, whip up your favorite meat sauce to pour over the squash and you’ll never know the difference.
- The cheesy one: With just a can of Alfredo sauce, grilled chicken, and steamed broccoli, you’ll be able to turn your squash into cheesy-goodness.
- The healthy one: For a light sauce full of flavor, add sausage, kale, and sun-dried tomatoes to your squash.
- The veggie-lovers dream: Sauté your favorite veggies for a vegetable ragout that pairs perfectly with your squash.
- The seafood sensation: With squash, shrimp covered in a garlic and lemon juice sauce is a sure bet.
You may also like:
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
Outdoors & Gardening | Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
Health | Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
Cleaning | Mar 23, 2021
Buying & Selling | Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
Crafts & DIY Projects | Mar 17, 2016