This meal, inspired by everyone’s favorite monkey, uses bananas and other healthy ingredients to bring Curious George to life. From the peanut butter and banana sandwich of George’s face, right down to the banana-topped pineapple of the yellow hat, the details of this adorable lunch make it the perfect addition to your weekly meal plan.
- You will need the following ingredients: 2 slices of bread, 1 slice of provolone cheese, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, a whole banana, two raisins, two almond slices, four carrot slices, two mini chocolate chips, three cherry tomatoes, a pineapple ring, and 3- and 4-inch round cookie cutters.
- Cut off the bottom two inches of your banana, and set it aside. This will become the top of the yellow hat. Peel and slice the remaining banana into thin slivers.
- Cut two pieces of bread in the center with a 4-inch circle cookie cutter. Remove the outside crusts to leave the inside circles. Spread peanut butter on one side of each piece of bread. Lay all but two circle slivers of banana on top of the peanut butter.
Sandwich the pieces of bread together with the peanut butter and bananas in the middle.
- Use the 3-inch circle cutter to make the cheese slice smaller, and cut a small V shape out of the top of the slice. Place the sandwich on a plate, and place the slice of cheese on top of the sandwich to make the monkey’s face. The two remaining banana slices will become ears. Tuck them into the sandwich on either side of the face.
- Place the almond slices on as eyes, and then place the raisins on top of the almond slices. Use the two mini chocolate chips for the nostrils. Add a carrot slice for George’s mouth.
- Place banana bottom, cut-side down, centered on top of a pineapple ring. Place this to the lower right hand side of George.
- For each balloon, cut a small sliver into the bottom a cherry tomato, and put the top of the carrot slice in the slit. Place the balloons to the right of George’s face, toward the top of your plate.
With your story scene complete, print out our napkin ring label and note from George to complete the ensemble!
Printable Napkin Wrap
You may also like:
| Mar 25, 2020
Make Your Own Can Planters
| Jul 8, 2021
Tips for Redesigning Your Patio Space
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Jun 9, 2020
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Jul 30, 2020