The Very Hungry Caterpillar would be thrilled to eat this story-inspired lunch—and if you look closely at the cheese and pepperoni pieces, it looks as if he already sampled some of the treats! This easy-to-create lunch transforms some of your child’s favorite snacks into the beloved caterpillar using toothpicks and creativity!
- To create The Very Hungry Caterpillar, you will need the following ingredients: a handful of green grapes, one mini cheese wheel, two raisins, two almond slices, two green pepper slices, one chocolate chip, an orange slice, carrot sticks, cheese cubes, pepperoni slices, three toothpicks, and a straw.
- Begin by creating the body of the caterpillar using green grapes and three toothpicks. Weave the grapes onto the toothpicks, and attach each section together. Position the caterpillar’s body at the bottom right corner of your plate.
Use a mini cheese wheel to create the head of the caterpillar.
Then simply place it flat on the plate to the left of the grapes as the head of your caterpillar.
- Cut your green pepper slice into two thin strips for antennas, and place them directly above the cheese wheel.
- Using two halved almonds, place them on the cheese wheel as eyes. Place a raisin on each of the almond halves to resemble the pupils. Add the chocolate chip as the mouth.
- Cut two of your carrot sticks into small triangles for the legs of the caterpillar. Place two carrot legs underneath each grape.
- Use the orange slice for the base of your sun, and place it on the plate above the caterpillar. Add the remaining carrot sticks around the perimeter of the orange slice to create the sun rays.
- Poke your cheese and meat cubes with a straw to make a hole in the center and place them on the plate next to the sun. With your story scene complete, print out our napkin ring label and note from The Very Hungry Caterpillar to add in with the lunch!
Printable Napkin Wrap
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 17, 2020
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017